Your Personal Experience
Jot down notes that summarize your personal experience. It can help to consider the following:
- What skin changes bother you the most? Where?
- What cosmetic treatments have you already attempted? What results have you seen?
- Do you or did you smoke?
- Do you have a routine skin care regimen?
Questions to Ask
Getting answers to the following questions, may help you better undertand your treatment options.
- Which treatments do you recommend for me?
- What results might I expect?
- What is the estimated cost of the treatments?
- How long will the procedure last?
- How many treatments are required to see desired results?
- How far apart are the treatments?
- How long is the recovery time following the procedure?
- What do I need to do to prepare for the procedure?
- What are some common side effects or complications I might experience?
- Will the treatment hurt?
Note: You can download our mobile app and take photos in the app so that they are not stored with your other photos.
- Take photos of the of the areas that bother you most.
- Take a selfie to document facial change. (Do not wear makeup!)
Wear Loose Clothing
Come to the visit in loose-fitting clothing. This will make it easier for perform a skin exam.
Do not Wear Makeup
Avoid using makeup or concealer on the day of your appointment. If you do wear makeup, you may be asked to remove it. This is recommended so that your doctor can get a better look at your skin.
Call your insurance company
Cosmetic treatments are not usually covered by health insurance. However, you may be seen for other skin conditions during your appointment that are covered. It important to call your insurer in advance to find out what is and is not covered, and to have an understanding of your co-pay. (This is the amount that the insurance company requires that you pay for the visit.)
Take Photos After Treatment
After your visit, take photos of the treated areas over the following weeks and months to see how they respond to treatment.
HELPFUL HINT: You can use our mobile app to store photos.