Click on the image to access medication savings from the manufacturer.
What is ACZONE® Gel, 5%?
ACZONE® Gel, 5% is a prescription medicine used on your skin (topical) to treat acne vulgaris.
ACZONE® Gel has not been studied in children under 12 years of age.
Active ingredient: dapsone
Before using ACZONE® Gel, 5%, tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- Have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G6PD)
- Have higher than normal levels of methemoglobin in your blood (methemoglobinemia)
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if ACZONE® Gel, 5 % will harm your unborn baby.
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. ACZONE® Gel, 5% can pass into your breast milk and may harm your baby. You and your doctor should decide if you will use ACZONE® Gel, 5% or breastfeed. You should not do both.
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you are using acne medicines that contain benzoyl peroxide. Use of benzoyl peroxide with ACZONE® Gel, 5% at the same time may cause your skin or facial hair to temporarily turn yellow or orange at the site of application.
How should I use ACZONE® Gel, 5%?
- Use ACZONE® Gel, 5% exactly as your doctor tells you.
- Apply ACZONE® Gel, 5% twice a day.
- Gently wash and pat dry the areas of your skin where you will apply ACZONE® Gel, 5%.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of ACZONE® Gel, 5% in a thin layer to the areas of your skin that have acne.
- Rub ACZONE® Gel, 5% in gently and completely. It may feel gritty and you may see particles in the gel.
- Make sure to put the cap back on the ACZONE® Gel tube. Close it tightly.
- Wash your hands after applying ACZONE® Gel, 5%.
- Do not swallow ACZONE® Gel. If you swallow ACZONE® Gel, call your doctor or poison control center right away.
- If your acne does not get better after using ACZONE® Gel, 5% for 12 weeks, talk to your doctor about continuing treatment.
About Medication Savings
In most cases, this form must be submitted along with proof of having purchased the medication from the pharmacy.
- Offers may be time-limited. Please confirm the expiration date.
- See the eligilibilty criteria from the manufacturer. Not all patients will qualify.
- Please check with your own pharmacy to be sure that these offerings are valid in your state.
- These coupons cannot be used for prescriptions that are paid for by state or federal health insurance programs such as Medicaid, or Medicare.
© Vivacare 2022. All rights reserved
Last updated: 8/28/2020