Tips & Wisdom
Fractionated Laser Treatment
The Fraxel® Re:store laser is a non-ablative fractional laser that penetrates deeper into the skin than most traditional lasers (up to 1.6mm).
The Fraxel® laser is described as "fractional" because the laser light is applied to portions ("fractions") of skin within a treatment zone, leaving areas of intact skin that promote rapid healing.
The portion of skin that is treated with laser light starts to regenerate new collagen and skin cells, leading to younger, more refreshed looking skin.
The Fraxel® Re:store laser may be used in the following circumstances:
- For the reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, including wrinkles around the eyes (periorbital wrinkles)
- For the treatment of scars, including acne scars and surgical scars
- For the treatment of lentigines (age spots) and other brown spots (hyperpigmentation)
- For the treatment of melasma (mask of pregnancy)
- For the treatment of actinic keratoses (AKs) ( form of precancerous skin lesion)
Fraxel® Re:store laser treatment is simple and requires minimal downtime. There are different Fraxel® laser procedures that have been developed to target different skin problems, the Fraxel® Re:store laser is the original and remains a standard.
Fraxel® Re:store laser is a nonsurgical alternative to more invasive surgical procedures, as it significantly reduces the risks and recovery time associated with facelifts and other laser resurfacing procedures. Fraxel® laser treatment can be considered a preventive treatment, as it may eliminate the need for a facelift in the future.Learn More
Dr. Brown has published in multiple medical and dermatology journals
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science, Spelman College, 2000
- Medical Degree (M.D.), Meharry Medical College, Honors, 2005
- Internship, Internal Medicine, University of Maryland, 2005- 2006
- Dermatology Training, University of Louisville, 2006-2009
- Chief Resident, University of Louisville, 2008-2009
Gwinnett Dermatology, P.C.
2383 Pate Street,
Snellville, Georgia, 30078