Patients want to know who you are and what you recommend
Your Professional Profile enables you to share your clinical expertise and strengthen your online voice.
Highlight your clinical expertise, the conditions you treat, procedures you offer and your unique approach to care.
Your Profile is integrated with your Toolkit, providing patients with easy access to your recommended resources.
Steps to Strengthen Your Presence Online
Follow these steps to strengthen your voice online by sharing who you are and your unique approach to care.
- Add your photo – Patients will come to their appointment to see you. Show them who you are
- Select your subspecialties
- Select the conditions you treat and procedures you offer
- Add Text – Present the information in a manner that is meaningful to patients. Do not get too technical nor dwell much on the past.
- Expertise – Summarize your medical specialty and any areas of clinical focus.
- About You – Summarize any accomplishments that highlight your skills as a clinician, such as serving as Medical Director or recipient of any “Top Doc” awards.
- Education & Training – Summarize the training that lead to your clinical skills.
- Personal – Tell patients why you went into medicine, what you value about patient care, a volunteer effort or some other event with others that matters to you. Let them appreciate you as a person.
Want to add more details? Publish your CV to your Profile.
TIPS & WISDOM
- Add your Tips & Wisdom – Share your thoughts regarding clinical topics of interest to your patients to increase your visibility online. Think of these are your own “Pearls of wisdom” for patients. For instance, you might share your thoughts on how to select/use sunscreen, or the importance of exercise for managing arthritis. Make quick points in simple language.
- Phone Number for Appointment – Be sure the phone number is correct
- Links to Website
- Practice website URL
- Patient Portal URL
- Facebook & Twitter URL
- Text About Practice – Add just 1-2 paragraphs about the medical practice and the services it offers.
KEEP IN MIND
- Do NOT cut and paste text directly from another website. Type the content directly into the text fields.